I am a novice to CVS. I am trying to set up CVS server on a linux machine. These are steps that I executed:
- I initalized CVS respository directory.
- created a group
- changed the permissions to the group.
- changed the /etc/services file
- chnaged the /etc/inetd.conf file.
- changed the tcpwrappers file in CVSROOT in the repository.
- started the inetd daemon.
- added a user.
- accepte a password from the user.
- copied the password from the etc/shadow file to the passwd file in /repository/CVSROOT/passwd file.
then executed this command to login to the CVS server.
- cvs -d :pserver:address@hidden:/path/to/repository login.
Error says: path/to/repository: no such repository.
Could anyone give me some suggestions...