[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#3653: 23.1.50; Gnus/Ido: Saving message's attachment adds filename t
bug#3653: 23.1.50; Gnus/Ido: Saving message's attachment adds filename twice when user hits C-x C-f
Tue, 23 Jun 2009 01:12:31 +0300
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (gnu/linux)
In Gnus there's a small bug in saving attached files while ido-mode and
ido-everywhere are active.
When saving an attachment Gnus prompts for a filename, and because
ido-everywhere is turned on ido is also active in the file-saving
prompt. In ido prompt there's command C-x C-f for turning ido off from
that prompt; it falls to the Emacs's default filename prompt. The
problem is that the filename appears now twice in the prompt, like
Here's the same thing explained in simple steps:
1. Start Emacs and turn on ido-mode and ido-everywhere:
C-u M-x ido-mode RET
C-u M-x ido-everywhere RET
2. Start Gnus and open a message which has an attachment. There's a
simple text file attached to this bug report message so you can use
3. When the message is visible move the point the the attachment line
[2. text/plain; test-attachment.txt]...
and press "o" (gnus-mime-save-part). Ido-mode's completion-capable
file-saving prompt should be now active.
4. Press immediately C-x C-f to go back to the normal save prompt.
5. You should see path and filename like this in the prompt:
Obviously the expected result would be
In GNU Emacs 220.127.116.11 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.12)
of 2009-06-23 on mithlond
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10402000
configured using `configure '--prefix=/home/dtw/local''
Description: Text document
|[Prev in Thread]
||[Next in Thread]|
- bug#3653: 23.1.50; Gnus/Ido: Saving message's attachment adds filename twice when user hits C-x C-f,
Teemu Likonen <=