bug-gnu-emacs
[Top][All Lists]
Advanced

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

bug#2257: marked as done (23.0.90; grep-files-history has inappropriate


From: Emacs bug Tracking System
Subject: bug#2257: marked as done (23.0.90; grep-files-history has inappropriate default value)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 17:45:04 +0000

Your message dated Mon, 07 Dec 2009 19:38:54 +0200
with message-id <address@hidden>
and subject line Re: 23.0.90; grep-files-history has inappropriate default value
has caused the Emacs bug report #2257,
regarding 23.0.90; grep-files-history has inappropriate default value
to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what this
message is talking about, this may indicate a serious mail system
misconfiguration somewhere. Please contact address@hidden
immediately.)


-- 
2257: http://emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=2257
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact address@hidden with problems
--- Begin Message --- Subject: 23.0.90; grep-files-history has inappropriate default value Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 15:46:56 -0800
emacs -Q
M-x load-library grep
C-h v grep-files-history
shows:
 
 grep-files-history is a variable defined in `grep.el'.
 Its value is ("ch" "el")
 Documentation:
 Not documented as a variable.
 
Besides the fact that there should be a doc string, the default value
should be nil.  `grep' already DTRT to fill the history with
appropriate default values for `M-n'. The default value of
`grep-files-history' is used only when no appropriate default values
are found.
 
And in that case, no default values should be available - it makes no
sense to propose inappropriate values. There is no reason for the
(first) default value to be proposed as [ch] in all cases - or in any
cases where a .c or .h file is not expected. Better for Emacs to
simply say that no default value is available.
 
 
 
In GNU Emacs 23.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2009-02-01 on SOFT-MJASON
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4)'
 




--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Re: 23.0.90; grep-files-history has inappropriate default value Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 19:38:54 +0200 User-agent: Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu)
> emacs -Q
> M-x load-library grep
> C-h v grep-files-history
> shows:
>
>  grep-files-history is a variable defined in `grep.el'.
>  Its value is ("ch" "el")
>  Documentation:
>  Not documented as a variable.
>
> Besides the fact that there should be a doc string, the default value
> should be nil.

Thanks for the bug report.  This is fixed by bug#4301.

-- 
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/

--- End Message ---

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]