[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
bug#30762: 27.0.50; Apparent regression in process.c caused by checking
bug#30762: 27.0.50; Apparent regression in process.c caused by checking pty_flag before calling setsid
Fri, 09 Mar 2018 23:18:51 -0500
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/27.0.50 (gnu/linux)
On x86_64, CentOS 7.3.1611, I noticed that on master tip (I tested
461e6818...), eudc-expand-inline was hanging. It calls the ldapsearch
command line utility (by way of ldap-search-internal) using
start-process, and waits for a password prompt:
(let* ((process-connection-type nil)
(proc-args (append arglist ldap-ldapsearch-args
(proc (apply #'start-process "ldapsearch" buf
(while (null (progn
(accept-process-output proc 1))
master tip gets stuck in that while loop, whereas Emacs 25.1 is fine.
If I print the contents of the buffer within the loop, it shows:
Process ldapsearch stopped (tty output)
I isolated the working-to-non-working transition to this commit:
Author: Paul Eggert <address@hidden>
Date: Tue Dec 6 23:41:45 2016 -0800
Clean out some IRIX cruft
* etc/MACHINES: Remove obsolete discussion of IRIX.
* src/process.c (allocate_pty) [__sgi]: Remove SGI-specific code.
(create_process) [HAVE_PTYS]: Don't worry about IRIX.
* src/syntax.c (scan_sexps_forward): Remove obsolete comment.
* src/unexelf.c [__sgi]: Don't include <syms.h>.
(unexec) [__sgi]: Remove SGI-specific code.
and specifically the addition of this check in src/process.c:
- /* We tried doing setsid only if pty_flag, but it caused
- process_set_signal to fail on SGI when using a pipe. */
- setsid ();
+ if (pty_flag)
+ setsid ();
If I remove the if (pty_flag) line, then eudc-expand-inline works again.
It may be that ldap-search-internal should change how it's invoking
ldapsearch, but I thought I would report the change in process.c
- bug#30762: 27.0.50; Apparent regression in process.c caused by checking pty_flag before calling setsid,
Thomas Fitzsimmons <=