I read the disussions and patches, and I find out the
3.692 sec at the beigining seems package initialization (according to the patch in Feb 17).
However, I still don't get
1. What is an early init file?
3. If i want to disable package initialization prior to any thin in the .emacs, but after
custom-set-variable and some environment variables setting (e.g. PATH, exec-path), how to do it?
Could you help provide an example using my situation?
1) I use a Windows 7 box, and have HOME env variables, and .emacs.d folder under it
2) I have a site-start.el for
environment variables setting (e.g. PATH, exec-path)
<= I thinks this it not critical because it has no speed effect after I delete the site-start.el
3) I have .emacs under HOME, and compile it to .emacs.elc to speed it up
4) I load dired.el and then
custom-set-variable, then some frame settings , then initialize package using
(setq package-enable-at-startup nil)
and then packages customizations (hooks etc)
5) I don't have default.el or init.el
How could I adapt the change in package.el and startup.el? e.g. to disable package initialization at the very begining but start it at some point of the initialization of emacs.