[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[bug #17112] Unarchiving XML-based nibs containing control characters fa

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: [bug #17112] Unarchiving XML-based nibs containing control characters fails....
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:25:36 +0000
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/418.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/419.3

Follow-up Comment #5, bug #17112 (project gnustep):

As I understand it, the problem is essentially that MacOS-X generates illegal
XML, and the libxml2 parser used by GNUstep-base does not accept illegal XML.

I've (so far) been unable to find any way of getting libxml2 to accept the
bad characters... which leaves two fixes I can see ...

1. do an inefficient scan for illegal characters first, replacing them with
some unusual sequence.  parse the XML, and scan the parsed output for the
sequence we put in, and change it back to the illegal character. Euch!

2. use another parser to handle MacOS-X plists ... one that tolerates illegal
I've put some work into that, but it's not ready yet.


Reply to this item at:


  Message sent via/by Savannah

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]