[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Thu, 20 Sep 2001 18:30:54 +0100
I may be doing something wrong, so I have my asbestos jacket on (feel
free to flame me).
I can happily compile all the inetutils apps except telnetd.
In the telnetd directory all files compile, except sys_term.c which
bombs. I have the response from gcc and the result from cpp if you want them.
The problem seems to come down to the utmp struct, which is never defined
according to the result from
cpp. utmpx is defined but like I say not utmp, so it complains appropriately
as soon as struct utmp is used.
I've tried this with 1.3.2 1.3a and 1.3b the same error arrises each
time. Once I remove telnetd (replace it with libtelnet so it appears to be
there) the whole package (inetutils) builds fine.
I thought it a good idea to check the existence of utmp. this is what I
kenny:/# find -name utmp*
I'm using debian 2.2r3, but the debian bits are minimal, as I'm trying
to build everything myself, rather than using .deb files.
Simon Bazley <=