cashew-s-editor

[CASHeW-s-Editor] The error in "RDFHandler.java"....

From: Ravish Bhagdev
Subject: [CASHeW-s-Editor] The error in "RDFHandler.java"....
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 15:54:26 +0100

Hi,

I don't know what the problem is but here is what I think:

When I updated my copy from CVS few minutes ago I had these files:

===================
RDFObject.java
===================
public interface RDFObject
  extends Cloneable
{

  /**
   * Returns a deep copy of the object.
   *
   * @return a deep copy of the object.
   */
  RDFObject clone();

}
=======================
"Subject.java":
=======================
public interface Subject
  extends Cloneable
{

  /**
   * Returns a deep copy of the subject.
   *
   * @return a deep copy of the subject.
   */
  Subject clone();

}

========================
"RDFHandler.java"
=======================

only the statement with the error in this file is:
object = (RDFObject) subject;

So, this is a cast from interface variable of type Subject to RDFObject.
RDFObject is not subclass of Subject.  The error that Eclipse shows to me is:
"Cannot cast from Subject to RDFObject".  I have no other errors in the entire
project except this one.  So, I don't think it is 1.4/1.5 problem.  I will try
on another machine, although, I have tried creating a clean new project from
the CVS and face the same problem.  For now, I just comment that line to run my
copy and update it before doing commit.

Regards,
Ravish Bhagdev.