ccrtp-devel

[Ccrtp-devel] Cannot increase the sending rate

From: neeryl_ka
Subject: [Ccrtp-devel] Cannot increase the sending rate
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 10:51:53 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I'm trying to make a tool that receives data (MPEG2TS
with RTP) and reemit them after a delay with no change
in the payload.
I have a problem with my sending rate : I cannot make
it faster than 100 packets per second. As the received
rate is nearly 400 packets per second, there is a
problem.
I use the algorithm of rtpsend for the sending
process.
After reading doc and some of the threads of this
newsletter, I conclude that three values are critical
for the sending rate:
1. the value given to SetExpireTimeout : I fixed it as
high as I can
2. the value of the timer between two packets sent: I
fixed it to 1
3. the value of the timestamp : the only value that
allow me reaching the 100 packets per second is a gap
of 1200 between two packets (I tried using a lower gap
but it made a lower sending rate........?)
I've also tried to change all of these three values
separately and every time I could not send more than
100 packets per second.
Is this the right way to change the sending rate?
Is there any other value I have to change (as
setSchedulingTimeout?) ?
I don't see in the source code any limitations of this
kind...

Thanks for any reply

Neeryl

Faites de Yahoo! votre page d'accueil sur le web pour retrouver directement vos
services préférés : vérifiez vos nouveaux mails, lancez vos recherches et
suivez l'actualité en temps réel.
Rendez-vous sur http://fr.yahoo.com/set