certi-devel

[certi-dev] Size of Constants

From: Christian Stenzel
Subject: [certi-dev] Size of Constants
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2008 14:14:21 +0200

Hello,

we want to use CERTI for a project in our research group.

One federate computes in each sim-loop a grid of 300x300 double values (->270000 bytes)
and sends this to another federate.

This worked with pRTI and DMSO RTI.

CERTI uses preprocessor defines to limit the size of certain values in include/certi.hh (https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21399, https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?21423)

So, I manually changed the constant MAX_BYTES_PER_VALUE to the required value (270000) and
recompiler CERTI.

This leads to a segmentation violation when starting any federate.

Furhter on, I changed BUFFER_SIZE_DEFAULT to 270000+36.

The same error occurs.

Is there an upper limit for these values?

I've seen that the files
SocketTCP.hh, SocketUDP.hh and SocketUN.hh contain also different preprocessor
constants.

E.g. in SocketUN.hh a constant called SOCKUN_BUFFER_LENGTH is defined. The value is 4096. The above comment says that the buffer size have to be as long as any data
ever received by the socket.

Have these constants something to do with that behaviour?