certi-devel

Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 and Java support question

From: Eric Noulard
Subject: Re: [certi-dev] IEEE1516 and Java support question
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 09:46:04 +0200

2009/5/14 Maxim Gammer <address@hidden>:
> Hello,
>
> I wonder if CERTI is going to support Java and IEEE 1516 sometime?

We are looking forward to support IEEE-1516 or most probably HLA
Evolved directly.
However the CERTI project's primary objectives are research study
on or using distributed simulation.

So we will push effort on suporting the services we need for our projects.
Thus having a fully-compliant IEEE-1516/HLA-Evolved is NOT an objective,
but may be a "side-effect" of our needs.

We nonetheless accept user contribution for any features
including those that may not be in our primary wishlist.

We may even define with the CERTI
community [may be student] open source project
which aims at providing CERTI with more features.
Those project may be realized as student intnership
just a thought, there is no restriction on this.

> If it was the case, we'd be glad to remake all our programs to use CERTI,
> because we like C++ much :)

Nice to ear :-)

Concerning java support, we had some work done by students
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?6905
this work is not finished and this is not a 100% java solution because
it relies on CERTI RTIA executable.

This is however a good solution since Federate and RTIA only talk
through sockets.

Another solution for the Java binding would be to use PORTICO
http://www.porticoproject.org
with an eventual Portico<-->CERTI HLA gateway.

> P.S. Is section "CERTI solutions" going to appear on your site? Where
> everybody could see examples of CERTI usage?

We should do that you are right. I'll what I can do.

> P.P.S. We have a DLL and it's source for using with National
> Instruments LabVIEW. You could place a link to our page in a section
> with Matlab, Python and other builds.

Yes right, I'll keep you informed for this.

> http://cde.tsogu.ru/en_training_systems. If anyone has questions about
> it, welcome :)

Thank you for all of this Maxim.

--