chicken-hackers

Re: [Chicken-hackers] Eggs for Chicken 5

From: Sven Hartrumpf
Subject: Re: [Chicken-hackers] Eggs for Chicken 5
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2018 17:11:04 +0100 (CET)

Hi John.

Thanks for your answers.

John wrote, 2018-03-22 11:46:
> There is no point in converting eggs until the Chicken 5 API has
> stabilized, which only happened in the last few weeks.

Oh, I will be more patient :-)
BTW: Bootstrapping the git version from pre6 worked very well.

> That sad, I doubt there will ever be a syntax-case egg again, unless
> someone figures out how to implement syntax-case on top of explicit
> renaming.  Chicken has been committed to explicit (and implicit) renaming
> as its low-level macro system for ten years, since the beginning of Chicken
> 4.

Good to know.
I was looking at 'visit' from the syntax-case egg and thought this could
be a good alternative to "alexpander".
I use a Chicken-compiled alexpander to get rid of syntax-rules when compiling
some Scheme projects (with non-Chicken compilers).
(Sometimes, alexpander generates hard to read code; but now I know
that the old Chicken egg won't help me here.)

Ciao
Sven