Re: [Chicken-users] New SRFIs!

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] New SRFIs!
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 10:32:04 +0200

> Wow! People have been active in the SRFI community recently. Looks
> like many of the new SRFIs would find a comfortable home in chicken...

I will definitely implement SRFI-33 (the bitwise thing, or was it 32?
Gee...those numbers start getting complicated). I have changed
bitwise-XXX now to accept any number of arguments, and the rest will
follow as soon as the SRFI is final. I'm not sure about the sorting SRFI...
looks like overkill to me. But shouldn't be to hard to implement anyway.
Shivers' ref-impls are always of exceptional quality and well tuned.
Porting SRFI-1, 13 and 14 was quite easy, or example.
Chicken supports SRFI-12 and porting the new exceptions shouldn't
be a problem either. But I would like to wait, yet. (I ported SRFI-25
to chicken too early, and had to do some extra work after it was finalized,
because some bugs were fixed.