Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Things I forgot [Was: the future of Chicken]
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 07:23:56 -0500

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 04:45:57PM -0400, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> However, might I suggest that a license flame war really isn't in
> order here anyway.

I'm not a holy-zealot type of person. Since I made an interface to GNU
MP and it had LGPL, I figured you'd have the same issues if you wanted
to use the library directly through the C API so choosing the LGPL for
the interface I wrote didn't cause any problems with me.

So, you won't get a fight out of me, don't worry. If I write something
brand new, then I'll prolly use the BSD license. But I'll prolly use
whatever license a library had if I write an interface for it.

If you desire a BSD openssl math library thingy, then maybe I'll do an
interface to that too, and if so, it'll be BSD.

-pete