Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken benchmarks

From: Perry E. Metzger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken benchmarks
Date: 18 Sep 2002 10:33:10 -0400

Felix <address@hidden> writes:
> I think it is probably more rewarding is a decent, free
> R5RS compiler targeting x86 machine code, with an open design
> that can incorporate experimental extensions easily.

That's probably a reasonable idea, although I'd try to do a real
retargetable back end design -- there is more to the world than just
x86, although x86 is an obvious first target.

At least gas and the linker don't need to be redone...

Perry E. Metzger                address@hidden
"Ask not what your country can force other people to do for you..."