Re: [Chicken-users] egg problem

From: Felix Winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] egg problem
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 08:26:50 +0200

Burton Samograd wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to install the http and regex-case eggs and I get the
following errors:

bash-2.05b$ mkdir tmp
bash-2.05b$ mv http.egg.gz tmp
bash-2.05b$ cd tmp
bash-2.05b$ ls
http.egg.gz
bash-2.05b$ gzip -d http.egg.gz bash-2.05b$ csi -setup http.egg -wrap
extracting files from extension `http' ...

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"tar -zxvf http.egg"
2

The file should be named http.egg, not http.egg.gz.
It is already gzipped, and it will be gzipped by the
setup process, so there is no need to ungzip it
(probably your browser added the .gz extension when
downloading the file).

bash-2.05b$ ls
http.egg
bash-2.05b$ csi -setup http -wrap
extracting files from extension `http' ...

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: Child returned status 1
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"tar -zxvf http.egg"
2
bash-2.05b$ gzip http.egg bash-2.05b$ ls
http.egg.gz
bash-2.05b$ csi -setup http -wrap
wrapping extension `http' ...
tar: http.setup: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
"tar --exclude CVS -zcvf http.egg http.setup "
2
bash-2.05b$ ls
http.egg  http.egg.gz
bash-2.05b$ tar zxvf http.egg.gz http.setup
http/
http/server.scm
http/client.scm
http/utils.scm
bash-2.05b$ csi -setup http -wrap
Error: call of non-procedure: #<unprintable object>

This is strange. Have you alread intalled regex-case?
What's the output of "csi -setup"?