Re: [Chicken-users] Installing eggs on Windows.

From: felix
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Installing eggs on Windows.
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 13:09:01 +0200

Thaddeus L. Olczyk wrote:
Can someone explain how to install an wgg on WIndows.
I keep trying to install the ncurses egg on NT4SP6 using all sorts of variation of the line:

csi -script l:/chicken/src/chicken-1.33/chicken-setup.in ncurses.setup

I keep getting the error line
Error: unbound variable: glob.

I have no idea what I am doing wrong. Can someone help?

chicken-setup is not meant to work on non-UNIXish systems, it uses
the `posix' unit. You seem not to use cygwin, so the only method
that works, is to extract the files manually (.egg is just .tgz)
and compile by hand, then copy ncurses.dll into your $CHICKEN_HOME
and `(require 'ncurses)' should work, depending on how portable
you ncurses library is.

If you give some more information (what build platform, etc.) I'm
sure we can get this to work.