Re: [Chicken-users] status of chickenlib: build process and mysql interf

From: F. Wittenberger
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] status of chickenlib: build process and mysql interface usage sample
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 14:56:08 +0200

>  > Thanks Joerg for your feedback,
>  > but it seems to me the file in attachment is the
>  > mysql interface itself, while I need a little sample
>  > how to use it, say a connect, a select query, and insert/update
>  > query and a disconnect.
>  >
>  >

> wopuld it be hard to provide a generalised sql interface on the lines
> of Perl's DBI/DBD architecture?

Well, it basically stems from such an idea.  I do have mysql and
postgresql, sqllite is not hard, but the db2 implementation turned up,
that the interface might be worth some minor reconsideration, since db2
doesn't allow "seek"operations in the result set.  However it's not hard
to modify.

> and is the existing interface pure scheme or based on libmysql?
> perl offers for some sql engines both pure perl and lib*sql-based
> drivers, the former allowing to write client codes running on engines
> where the libraries aren't even available, the latter provide more speed.

pure lib*sql based.