Re: [Chicken-users] Building Chicken for Windows

From: Sergey Khorev
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Building Chicken for Windows
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 18:19:51 +0300

> > Suppose I built Chicken extension with MSVC. Will it work with
> > MinGW-built Chicken?
> >

> A good question. I don't know. Someone should try it out and
> see what happens. :-)

Ok. Some day I'll try to do that (if no one will outrun me).
Meanwhile I built Chicken with shared libs on MinGW. There is some
hacking though. For those interested:
1) ./configure
2) edit Makefile to set BOOTSTRAP_PATH
3) edit libtool, change 'deplibs_check_method' value to "pass_all" (it
seems that libtool tries to be too smart, giving stupid results).
4) mkdir $MINGWDIR/lib/.libs;
  cp $MINGWDIR/lib/libws2_32.a $MINGWDIR/lib/.libs
where MINGWDIR is the where MinGW is installed
5) make, make install, enjoy