[Chicken-users] require-extension does not work in compiled code?

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: [Chicken-users] require-extension does not work in compiled code?
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 08:45:07 -0500

I am using Chicken 1.74 and I have found a surprising (for me) behavior of
require-extension in compiled code. Consider the following two files:

$ cat mylib.scm
(require-extension regex)
(print  "string-match is there" string-match)

$ cat main.scm
(require-extension mylib)

In the interpreter, nothing strange happens:

$ csi -script main.scm
string-match is there#<procedure>

However if I compile I get the following:

$ csc main; main
Error: unbound variable: regex

##sys#require

The same happens if I import srfi-1 or other extensions I tried.
Is this right? What should I do? The error message is rather
cryptic ...

       Michele Simionato