Re: [Chicken-users] an utility for browsing the Chicken documentation

From: Michele Simionato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] an utility for browsing the Chicken documentation
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:50:26 +0100

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 07:32:42 +0100, felix winkelmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 04:39:57 -0500, Michele Simionato
> <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Hello Happy Chicken users!
> >
> > I have a little script to browse the Chicken documentation which I find
> > quite useful. I wonder if we could have something similar in the
> > standard distribution. The usage is pretty obvious: for instance
> >
> > $ chicken-help foreign-callback-wrapper
> >

> Very nice, Michele!
>
> BTW, to open a document in a running instance of mozilla,
> "mozilla -remote 'openurl(<URL>)'" works for me.
> Find attached a slightly changed version, which also works
> with the current html docs.
>
> Can I eggify this?

Of course! I have to learn myself how to make eggs but I promise I will do ;-)

I have just a couple of questions:

1. What does

mean ?

2. (define chicken-manual "/usr/local/share/chicken/doc/chicken.html")

will not work if somebody has a non-standard installation. Is there an
environment variable or something containing the location of the doc
directory so we can avoid hard coding it?

       Michele