[Chicken-users] SDL_Init on Mac OSX

From: Joel Reymont
Subject: [Chicken-users] SDL_Init on Mac OSX
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 12:20:47 +0000

> Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:
>> Because there seems to be a problem with SDL_Init on Mac OS X,
>> the call has to be done explicitly.
>> (BTW, Tony: couldn't that be handled more gracefully? Perhaps
>> a separate sdl_init.so library for those systems that allow it.)
>
>The current release of the SDL egg has (sdl-init) defined for all
>platforms, with a comment in the source code warning about the MacOS X
>problem. (I've just added a paragraph to the README too, so that'll be
>in the next release.)

I don't think this is a Mac OSX problem, really. SDL.h redefines main to
SDL_main or something like that and then calls SDL_main after the Quartz
initialization code. Main does not get redefined unless you explicitly
include SDL.h.

I do agree that this presents an issue, though.

    Joel

--
OpenPoker: The Linux of poker software
http://wagerlabs.com/forums