Re: [Chicken-users] escaping the # character in identifiers

From: Dmitry Lizorkin
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] escaping the # character in identifiers
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 16:36:49 +0400

Thomas, Felix, thank you for explaining the situation.
The macro you suggested works fine for me.

> Thomas gives the right answer. On the other hand, what are you
> trying to do?

Well, I develop a library (namely, SXML tools) which is intended to work on
different Scheme implementations. However, the # character in Chicken
identifiers prevents the code from being `read' by the other Scheme
implementations, in particular, Bigloo and PLT.

Thus, having a code like the one below,

(define lazy:promise?
  (cond-expand
   (chicken (lambda (p) (##sys#structure? p 'promise)))
   (plt promise?)
   ...))

- I have to escape the # character in the identifier.

Is there a more uniform approach for achieving this?

Thank you for your help.

Dmitry