Re: [Chicken-users] Async IO (was Re: libcurl?)

From: Peter Keller
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Async IO (was Re: libcurl?)
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 14:01:07 -0500

On Tue, Oct 04, 2005 at 02:40:42PM -0400, Graham Fawcett wrote:
> On 10/4/05, Will M. Farr <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I don't know what Twisted is, but you might have a look at Termite
> > (mentioned in this blog
> >
> > computing.html ); it sounds like what you're talking about done in
> > Gambit-C.

Hmm.... Twisted has a lot of the same look and feel of E[1].

> There's no threading
> overhead, and such a "monolithic, non-blocking" design can handle a
> very large number of concurrent connections, usually scaling better
> than a multithreaded architecture.

There is another large problem with threaded and, by extension, distributed
programming (languages).

Reproducability and Debugging.

It is simply a serious nightmare if the above topic was never thought
about in the inception of the codebase.

Like where is the debugging manual for Twisted? It isn't obvious...