Re: [Chicken-users] A working CMakeLists.txt

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] A working CMakeLists.txt
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:08:36 -0800

felix winkelmann wrote:

Thanks, I've applied your patches. When running this (actually the
previous version), I get errors during the build that indicate that
cmake doesn't like hyphens ("-") in target names (applies to
chicken-profile and chicken-setup). Do you get the same errors?
In my MinGW / MSYS environment, the CMakeList.txt I submitted generates no build errors. I have not thoroughly tested VC++, but I did not notice any errors of this kind.

Also, Bill hinted that multiple DEFINE_SYMBOL properties are not allowed,
when set in a single SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES (applies to the libraries).
This issue I don't know. The build does not produce an error, so there's no feedback here. Maybe you should put an #error directive in your code somewhere, to verify that what you want to happen is actually happening? Or a test in CMakeLists.txt itself. Anyways, I just worked from what's in darcs. I didn't make any changes here, except to format the lines differently for readability.

BTW, with your cmake-built version, does

(require 'srfi-1)

(i.e. dynamic loading) work?
The response is "; loading library srfi-1". Is that a sufficient test for being in working order?

Discovered a different gotcha though. csi does not work under the MSYS shell. I had to use a regular plain old Windows console shell. This is not a big deal, but it'll need to be documented before MinGW / MSYS users pull their hair out.

A README would be helpful. Thanks.
I will conjure it.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every