[Chicken-users] Couldn't find ar

From: Andrey Fomichev
Subject: [Chicken-users] Couldn't find ar
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 17:32:50 +0300

Hello!

I tried to build chicken 2.2 on Solaris 10 and experienced
the following problem. Configure script could not find 'ar' command
and substituted it with 'false' command. So, configure finished
successfully but compilation failed on command 'false cru ...'.
The problem actually was in absence of 'ar' command in my PATH, so
I've fixed it quickly. But I think configure script should handle
this problem (by reporting error rather than substituting 'ar' with
'false').

Best regards,
Andrey

Andrey Fomichev (fomichev at ispras.ru)