Re: [Chicken-users] EOF syntax as Emacs comment?

From: Reed Sheridan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] EOF syntax as Emacs comment?
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 14:22:51 -0600

On 2/9/06, Graham Fawcett <address@hidden> wrote:

Have you tried about mmm-mode? I'm not an mmm-mode expert, but it
should allow you to tread the EOF block with a different mode.

Here's a sample config from my .emacs file. I use it to add CSS and JS
handling within XHTML files.

(require 'mmm-mode)
(mmm-add-mode-ext-class nil "\\.xml" 'xhtml-css)
(mmm-add-mode-ext-class nil "\\.xml" 'xhtml-js)
(mmm-add-classes
'((xhtml-css
    :submode css-mode
    :front "type=\"text/css\">"
    :back "</style>")
   (xhtml-js
    :submode c-mode
    :front "type=\"text/_javascript_\">"
    :back "</script>")))

This doesn't seem to "just work," as I had hoped, so I tried two-mode-mode as Dominique suggested.  Unfortunately, it switches modes for the whole buffer as you move the point in and out of the embedded text, which doesn't help paredit (though I'll still use it if I can't find anything more suitable).  Before I spend much time messing with mmm-mode, does it switch the mode for the whole buffer like two-mode-mode, or does it put different parts of the buffer in different modes?

Reed Sheridan