Re: [Chicken-users] 3D games in Chicken

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] 3D games in Chicken
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 14:59:42 -0800

Brandon J. Van Every wrote:

I am currently searching through sourceforge.net to see if there are any
suitable candidates.

So far I've had no luck.
I've completed my search. No luck. There is nothing worth refactoring on Sourceforge under my criteria, which is:
REQUIRE C
TRASH GPL
REQUIRE Beta | Prouduction/Stable | Mature
REQUIRE some kind of Windows support

I also tried
REQUIRE Scheme
TRASH GPL
and predictably didn't get anywhere.

I'll be honest: if I have to implement stuff from scratch, I'm only going to work on my own game project ideas. I'm a Turn Based Strategy kind of guy. The framework I'm hoping to implement is something 2D with hexes or large square tiles (to show off the tile artwork in that case), OpenGL for the rendering, single player only, lotsa AI. Is anyone else interested in that sort of game?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every