Re: [Chicken-users] To whom it may concern: Working on TinT

From: dbfaken
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] To whom it may concern: Working on TinT
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 21:27:24 +0000

> I am working on TinT (Tint is not Termite), a Chicken specific Termite
> workalike.
> Alike in the sense that is generally shares syntax & semantics, but I feel
> under
> no constraint to be 100% faithful. (How could I be, Termite is still
> evolving.)

Hurrah!  I've actually been lurking on the gambit & chicken lists to see if
anyone would try something like this...

Has anyone used chicken for multiprocessor systems?
I.e. with low-level threading that can take advantage of dual-core systems.
(this could be fun to integrate with Henry Baker's EGAL paper
(http://home.pipeline.com/~hbaker1/ObjectIdentity.html) and his
Cheney-on-the-MTA paper that CHICKEN already implements... for certain values
of "fun" :)

I know multi-core support is one of Erlang's goals for this-coming year, and
there have been some requests on the Gambit list for this lately, but I haven't
found too many systems (scheme or otherwise) supporting this "now".

cheers,
Daniel Faken