Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken-setup 2.3 fails on Cygwin

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken-setup 2.3 fails on Cygwin
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 22:49:14 -0500

Matthew Welland scripsit:
> No idea if this is related but I had a similar problem where if the current
> directory had a space in the path chicken-setup would fail. Running
> chicken-setup in a location where the path was free of spaces worked fine.

That's one of the classic problems with porting Unix programs to
Cygwin.  Of course, it's a problem in principle on Unix too, but
it doesn't come up as often.  Usually a discreet use of double-quotes
around the $PATH variable solves the problem.

--
XQuery Blueberry DOM                            John Cowan
Entity parser dot-com                           address@hidden