Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:27:43 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, DaishiKato wrote:

[...]
After reading the egg code, it can be simply done with
the attached patch.  It will be committed to the svn,
once someone review it and say ok.

This works on my machine and looks fine as far as the use of the openssl egg is concerned. I would like to remark, though, that it may be useful if one could somehow specify the second optional parameter to ssl-connect to enable SSL protocol version selection and certificate management -- maybe one could hack an additional field into the http:request structure.

Another thing in my mind is to improve http-client to
handle keep-alive connection nicely.
You can do it by directly calling http:send-request,
but there would be needed quite a few coding to get
to have easy-to-use procedures, something like http:GET.
[...]

I think it should be possible to just create a version of http:GET with three optional arguments, one boolean flag indicating a persistent connection is desired and the input and output port for the connection. One would then omit the "Connection: close" header from the request adding a "Connection: keep-alive" instead if the boolean flag was set and in addition to the data retrieved in response to the request one would return the input and output ports for the persistent connection as well.

[...]

cu,
Thomas