Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https

From: Thomas Chust
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 16:33:46 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006, DaishiKato wrote:

At Fri, 7 Apr 2006 17:27:43 +0000 (GMT),
Thomas Chust wrote:
This works on my machine and looks fine as far as the use of the openssl
egg is concerned. I would like to remark, though, that it may be useful if
one could somehow specify the second optional parameter to ssl-connect to
enable SSL protocol version selection and certificate management -- maybe
one could hack an additional field into the http:request structure.

You are absolutely right.
In fact, I was wondering how to specify CA certificates.
Here is a new patch.

Great, looks good and works fine.

I think it should be possible to just create a version of http:GET with
three optional arguments, [...]

This is still different from what I desire.
I was thinking something like a global pool of connections
for each host:port, and a client program does not need to
keep track of input and output ports.
It can even seamlessly re-connect, once the old connection is closed.
[...]

I have previously implemented this type of connection management in the rpc egg, so I threw together some code from there and from http-client to create an interface that seems to work fine. The source code is attached to this e-mail.

cu,
Thomas