Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https

From: Daishi Kato
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Re: https
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 23:06:30 +0900

At Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:29:52 +0000 (GMT),
Thomas Chust wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, DaishiKato wrote:
>
> > [...] Thanks. This looks good. I would implement it in
> > http:send-request, though.
>
> Hello,
>
> I just decided against patching the http-client internals themselves for
> the "proof of concept" example. Writing a new version of http:GET was less
> invasive.

Alright.
So, here is my patch.
Three notes:
- I wonder if (ensure-local-connections) is a good way;
  since threads are chaper than connections, shouldn't we
  reuse connection among threads?
- My rough test shows some delay with keep-alive connections;
  somehow (read-string) is slow with the length specified.
  What's the problem?
- In order to support persistent connection, the support of
  Transfer-Encoding: chunked
  would be required;
  but I didn't come up with a nice implementation idea for http:GET.
  Any comments?

one more; it is a client responsibility to use http:send-request, and
input port has to be read properly accrding to Content-Length or
Transfer-Encoding; otherwise, the upcoming request that
reuses the connection would meet a trouble.

Thanks,
Daishi