Re: [Chicken-users] rails-like framework

From: Shawn Rutledge
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] rails-like framework
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:08:22 -0700

> If anyone is interested: having a decent userfriendly Scheme CMS would
> be *very* useful too :)

Yes as I mentioned, I wanted to build a wiki.  But lately I've been
thinking that editing wiki-style text should just be one possible UI.
It's hard to say that the wiki syntax is a canonical way of storing
web content when nobody can even agree on that syntax (Alejandro's,
Felix's, MediaWiki etc. are all different).  So I want to build an
object tree that represents a web page and store that, and dynamically
generate a wiki-like editing UI.  Then an alternative UI could be a
Javascript one where you have wordprocessor-style controls rather than
having to use wiki syntax; and another would be a full GUI; etc.

I'm also thinking about how to do version control within the object
system rather than having to rely on external things like subversion
or whatever.

I may choose prometheus for the object system, but there are a couple
things I don't like about it.  And then I have to tackle persistence.
I think I would like to just write something to a file that looks like
an assoc tree, but can be parsed back into an object structure.  That
could stand a chance of outliving the particular object system.