Re: [Chicken-users] is NMAKE

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] is NMAKE
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 23:54:01 +0200

On 6/9/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
felix winkelmann wrote:
> On 6/9/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:
>> is not a NMAKE file.  It's a Unix makefile.
> No, it's specifically written for nmake. I don't know what makes
> you think it isn't.

Huh.  I guess all the NMAKE files I've looked at in the past have had
tons of obvious Microsoft-looking stuff in them.  Yours is too simple.

Ah, I see: most nmake files are generated by DevStudio
and I agree that those look *really* bad. was just a port
of the UNIX
makefile to nmake, i.e. hand-written. Not that it's particularly clean,
but it *is* simple and at least somewhat human-readable.