Re: [Chicken-users] csc links to wrong dll on Windows

From: MichaelL
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] csc links to wrong dll on Windows
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 10:27:35 -0400

> On 7/6/06, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Programs compiled with Chicken 2.3 link to chicken.dll, when Chicken
2.3
> > actually provides libchicken.dll. (The library used to be called
> > chicken.dll in older releases.)
>
> Hm, so is this fixed in the current development release? Have you
> been building with makefile.vc? What happens if you just remove
> the old libs and install again?

Ok, user error:

D:\appsdev\chicken-2.3>csc -libs
 d:\appsdev\chicken-2.0\bin\libchicken.lib

D:\appsdev\chicken-2.3>set chicken_home
CHICKEN_HOME=d:\appsdev\chicken-2.0\bin

D:\appsdev\chicken-2.3>set CHICKEN_HOME=d:\appsdev\chicken-2.3

D:\appsdev\chicken-2.3>csc factorial.scm
factorial.c
   Creating library factorial.lib and object factorial.exp

D:\appsdev\chicken-2.3>depends factorial.exe
[factorial.exe now links to the correct dll]

I didn't change CHICKEN_HOME after installing 2.3, and csc uses
CHICKEN_HOME to figure out where the Chicken lib file is.

Sorry about that.