Re: [Chicken-users] Extension loading problems in CMake/MinGW csi binary

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Extension loading problems in CMake/MinGW csi binary
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 08:59:24 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> The various INSTALL_* variables denote pathnames.  Windows pathnames can
> have spaces in them, [...] there is nothing more hideous than double
> secret quoting escape problems.    [...]  For all I know, there might
> be nothing wrong with my quoting, and the real issue may be lack of
> pathname-with-spaces support.  Yes, Windows does take pathnames in
> double quotes.  Now try quoting and escaping the quotes to get 'em
> through the C preprocessor, or through Chicken.

The only thing that prevents this from being a problem in Unix as well
is sheer convention; Unix pathnames can and do have spaces in them too.
So this work is very valuable in any case.

--
John Cowan    address@hidden    http://ccil.org/~cowan
Rather than making ill-conceived suggestions for improvement based on