[Chicken-users] eggdoc-texinfo

From: Zbigniew
Subject: [Chicken-users] eggdoc-texinfo
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 11:40:33 -0500

eggdoc-texinfo, which generates Texinfo output from eggdoc source, is
now available on the eggs page.  I have generated .texi, .info and
.pdf output from 97 eggs, and the results are available at
http://3e8.org/zb/eggs/eggdoc-texinfo/output.

eggdoc-texinfo is more strict than eggdoc about well-formedness in
eggdoc documents, because HTML parsing is quite lax, and because this
extension does more complicated transforms than eggdoc.  During the
conversion process, I found 49 documents that needed to be tweaked.
This is my fault, because I never formally specified the grammar, and
validation is not done on source documents.

I went ahead and fixed all but 10 documents and committed the eggdoc
source to the repository.  This is under revision 1226, if you want to
see or revert the changes to your eggdoc.  Most changes were minor and
involved improper nesting of sections.  In five cases, the changes
were too great and I did not fix them; in five cases I fixed them and
did not commit them.

Information on the changes I made or skipped is at
http://3e8.org/zb/eggs/eggdoc-texinfo/output/NOTES.txt.  For those few
eggs which were fixed but not committed, you can find the updated
source inside the output tarball at
http://3e8.org/zb/eggs/eggdoc-texinfo/output/eggdoc-texinfo-output.tgz,
and you are welcome to examine and commit it.

I did not upload the updated eggs to the web server, as it's not
really an egg update, although I could certainly do so.  I did update
3 HTML files, which I will actually upload to the server shortly.  In
general, any eggdoc that has had section nesting changed should have
its HTML regenerated and uploaded to correct the HTML page--however
since incorrect nesting is an aesthetic thing only in HTML, it's a low
priority.

I have also added a couple features to eggdoc.