Re: [Chicken-users] Inch by inch, row by row

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Inch by inch, row by row
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 07:22:50 +0200

On 7/17/06, John Cowan <address@hidden> wrote:

0) Cmake doesn't have a "make uninstall", so I wrote a rather
drastic script called "zap-chicken" that attempts to zap
all currently installed traces of Chicken.  Obviously, don't
put it in /usr/local/bin!  I've attached it.

Ok, Brandon, can you make us of this?

2) "(use srfi-1)" fails in both; it is trying to load
/usr/local/bin/cygchicken.dll, but CMake is building
/usr/local/bin/libchicken.dll, whereas autotools is still
building /usr/local/bin/cygchicken-0.dll.

On cygwin, from now on libchicken will be searched (darcs head),
but whether cygwin automatically figures out that cygchicken-0
is meant, I can't say...

3) Using "ln" to link libchicken or cygchicken-0 as the case
may be to cygchicken eliminates the "No such file or directory" error,
but leaves us with this error instead:

#;1> (use srfi-1)

nursery is too small - try higher setting using the `-:s' option - execution
terminated

This is a typical error message when you are linking with two different
libchickens. Don't ask why, it's complicated an not interesting.