[Chicken-users] absolute paths for C_CC and C_CXX

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: [Chicken-users] absolute paths for C_CC and C_CXX
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 22:13:14 -0700

In the CMake build, I currently have C_CC and C_CXX defined to absolute compiler pathnames. That is, exactly the compiler that CMake built Chicken with. So, if the compiler installation changes, C_CC and C_CXX would be invalidated. Would that be a bug or a feature? I notice that ./configure only specifies things like "gcc", not absolute pathnames. Also I wonder if consumers of C_CC and C_CXX might be thrown for a loop if handed an absolute pathname.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every