Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing and support

From: John Cowan
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake testing and support
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 00:58:12 -0400

Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

> Any solution that isn't testing Windows is useless.  I'm not going to
> help with a testing system that just skips out on responsibility for
> MinGW, VC++, and Cygwin.  That's exactly the kind of junk mentality in
> open source development that I've just spent 9 months trying to overcome
> with the CMake build.  My rant is not aimed at you personally, but I am
> sick to death of open source developers who pay Windows no mind.

To be fair, a publicly available test farm that provided sufficient
Windows machines, virtual or actual, would run up a huge price in
Windows and other Microsoft licenses.

--
Take two turkeys, one goose, four               John Cowan
cabbages, but no duck, and mix them             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan