Re: [Chicken-users] CMake cygwin can't do -0

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake cygwin can't do -0
Date: Tue, 01 Aug 2006 13:37:58 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

Surely, for reasons of historical compatibility, there's a way to do it?

Possibly.  But no one's going to invest the energy in figuring out how
to make autotools do that and make sure there are no other repercussions.
Autotools is *brittle*.

People have legacy apps and don't have the luxury of rewriting their builds.  I will wager the mechanism exists and is well-tested in the field.  I bet you haven't RTFM.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every