Re: [Chicken-users] chicken crashes when trying to install srfi-19

From: Ian Oversby
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] chicken crashes when trying to install srfi-19
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 05:41:22 +0000

Well, you won't like this. Using Chicken 2.423 everything, including srfi-19, built ok. I am using a Msys/MinGW environment. (Took ~2hrs to compile Chicken, w/ < 8 modules changed. You can see why I don't do this more often.)

I'll update my chicken to the latest stuff in darcs and see if I get the same behaviour.

The only change I made was to remove '(register-feature 'srfi-29)' from "srif-29.scm". So you could get the current srfi29 egg & try building again, but I doubt that is the problem.

However when I attempt to use srfi-19 I get an "Error: (car) bad argument type: ()" followed by the usual feedback for loading .dlls. While it loads all the needed .dll files the exported variables for srfi-19 are not, exported that is. Everything else seems to be though.

It seems the problem is w/ numbers. Just doing a '(use numbers)' in csi will show the same error. (And it tries to load "numbers- base.dll" again, humm.) But '(use srfi-29)', for example, doesn't have any problems.

I will continue looking,
Kon

Okay, thank you.  Most appreciated.

Ian