Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Chicken + current darcs HEAD = borked
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 09:31:28 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

No longer.  I have beaten Autoconf into submission.  I've even learned
enough to be dangerous!  The New World Order is in Darcs.  Build and
despair, no variable shall hold ye.

Oh, you think?  :-)

$ csc -s x.scm
sh: NONE/bin/chicken: No such file or directory
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 127: NONE/bin/chicken x.scm -output-file x.c -dynamic -feature chicken-compile-shared -quiet

I believe this is a product of GNU bastardism.  I'll wager that you didn't use a --prefix when configuring your build.  Not that you should have been required to... but these GNU guys are bastards, they won't expand installation prefixes at configure time.  They do all sorts of obstreperous stuff to try to force me to do it at make time.  Well, they're not gonna win!  Anyways, please send the exact ./configure command you're using, lest I miss another case use.

So much for the autotools build.  The cmake build works fine,
except that it still cannot build the numbers egg.  Here
is the complete error dump:

I'm not convinced it's CMake's fault.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every