Re: [Chicken-users] breakpoints

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] breakpoints
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 22:45:07 +0200

On 20 Aug 2006 12:21:54 +0200, Thomas Hafner <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello,

if csi stops due to a breakpoint, how can I then inspect the
environment or at least variables like x in the following example?

(let ((x (f)))
  (breakpoint) ;;what's the value of x here?
)

Of course I could add something like (write x) in advance, but I'd
rather like to decide at runtime (i.e. not before the breakpoint is
hit) which variables to be inspected. Is that possible?

Hi, Thomas!

Sorry, this is not yet possible. The breakpoint facility uses hook directly
into the deepest type-checks for procedure application. This works nicely for
compiled code, but has the drawback that one can not access lexically bound
variables. In interpreted code, this might be posssible, but isn't implemented
yet. I will look into this, though (...but can't promise a quick solution).

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp