Re: [Chicken-users] Using multithreaded foreign library

From: felix winkelmann
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Using multithreaded foreign library
Date: Thu, 24 Aug 2006 00:33:27 +0200

On 1/1/00, Tomi Neste <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to use the PTK library(http://www.phelios.com/ptk/) with
chicken-2.41 on Win32/msvc. Things work fine when compiling to binary with
csc, but if I try to use the repl(either with (repl) or loading the lib
dynamically to csi) everything hangs up as soon as I open a window with
PTK.
That's when compiling the lib multithreaded as it's supposed. Everything,
including the repl seem to work fine if I leave out the /mt when compiling
the bindings.
I guess the problem could be in the PTK side but just in case, is it
possible to link a multithreaded library with chicken and does anyone have
any idea why things work fine as long as I don't use repl?

Linking with different runtime libraries is a particularly nasty issue on
Windows and may result in unexplainable freezes and crashes.

The problem is that I'm not able to give decent Windows support, since
I've not done any Windows development for a long time. It may be that adding
/mt to the compiler/linker options of the chicken build helps.

Sorry, I'm not much help here.

http://galinha.ucpel.tche.br:8081/blog/blog.ssp