Re: [Chicken-users] debug on GCC

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] debug on GCC
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 01:39:08 -0700

felix winkelmann wrote:
On 9/7/06, Brandon J. Van Every <address@hidden> wrote:

They don't currently work outside of MSVC.  I believe someone made a
feature request to have them work generally.  Can't remember the status
of that.
Do you actually want debug builds of GCC stuff?  It doesn't look like
they ever previously existed in Chicken, so why now?

Nevermind, I expected more from cmake in this case that it offers.

You can make feature requests. http://www.cmake.org/Bug/ They do get evaluated, and if they're doable, they're often acted upon. Best to peruse the bugtracker to see if someone else has already requested something. Also the mailing list archive, as that's the informal method of making requests. Generally if my feature request idea isn't fully formed, or if I'm not sure whether I'm reporting a bug or requesting a feature, I discuss it on the mailing list. If I think something is much more cut and dried, like, "This Debug, Release, MinSizeRel, RelWithDebInfo stuff works on MSVC only. I want it to work everywhere," then I just make a feature request. Formal feature requests - and formal bug reports, for that matter - are dumped into a queue of things to evaluate and possibly act upon. E-mail is, well, e-mail. They're pretty responsive, but sometimes I can tell that they're getting busy, or there's just something more important / sexier to discuss in e-mail than what I'm on about. Using their bugtracker makes their lives easier.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every