Re: [Chicken-users] CMake problem on Linux should be solved

From: Brandon J. Van Every
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] CMake problem on Linux should be solved
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2006 23:41:03 -0700

John Cowan wrote:
Brandon J. Van Every scripsit:

I await your tests.

CMake printed an error and didn't generate anything because line 127
tries to load a file named "buildnumber", but there is no such file
in the current Darcs head.

A change which apparently Felix committed 20 minutes after my e-mail.  Not that I would have noticed even if he had done it in the past 4 days.  I generally don't pull in new stuff when trying to solve my own build problems, lest I pull in new problems.  It should be trivial to fix.

So I built and installed the autotools version, patched around the
problem on line 127, and reran cmake, getting this:

$ cmake /opt/chicken/darcs
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc.exe
-- Check for working C compiler: gcc.exe -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++.exe
-- Check for working CXX compiler: c++.exe -- works
-- Found /usr/local/bin/chicken-static.exe
CMake Error: Invalid escape sequence \_
Syntax error in cmake code at
/opt/chicken/darcs/CMakeLists.txt:253:
syntax error, unexpected cal_ERROR, expecting $end (111), when parsing string "___| |

Those are weird.  But since I've never seen anything like it on Cygwin, and I don't know how you patched, I'll wait and see what happens after I fix the buildnumber thingy.

_)      |

It looks like CMake suddenly doesn't like the "\_" sequence in
in the big-print "Chicken" output by "chicken-static -version",
and then gets terminally confused after that.

Are you using CMake 2.4.3 or CMake CVS?  If 2.4.3 then we're using the same CMake.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every