Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling mysql egg (Mac OS X)

From: Zbigniew
Subject: Re: [Chicken-users] Compiling mysql egg (Mac OS X)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 12:04:21 -0500

See if

sudo chicken-setup -csc-option "-I/usr/local/mysql/include
-L/usr/local/mysql/lib"

works ... just a guess.

On 10/13/06, Brent Fitzgerald <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi all, I've only just begun with chicken and I am discovering all
the wonderful eggs. I'm particularly interested in getting Toby
Butzon's mysql egg installed, but I'm having some trouble with the
compilation. See below for transcript of the trouble.

My mysql install is /usr/local/mysql. Among various baffled attempts,
I've tried adding -I/usr/local/mysql/include and -L/usr/local/mysql/
lib to the mysql.setup's csc options, but with no effect.

I'm a total novice here so I expect I am overlooking something that
would normally be apparent. Any advice from the mysql egg users or
csc experts would be great.

Thanks,
Brent

panoramic:~/src brent$ sudo chicken-setup mysql

The extension mysql does not exist.
Do you want to download it ? (yes/no/abort) [yes]
downloading catalog ...
downloading catalog from www.call-with-current-continuation.org ...
downloading mysql.egg from (www.call-with-current-continuation.org
eggs 80)
   gunzip -c ../mysql.egg | tar xvf -
mysql.setup
mysql.scm
mysqlaux.c
mysqlaux.h
   /usr/bin/csc -feature compiling-extension -s -lmysqlclient
mysqlaux.c mysql.scm
Warning: global variable `mysql-connection-unix-socket-set!' is never
used
Warning: global variable `mysql-connection-db-set!' is never used
Warning: global variable `mysql-connection-user-set!' is never used
Warning: global variable `mysql-connection-port-set!' is never used
Warning: global variable `mysql-connection-client-flag-set!' is never
used
Warning: global variable `mysql-connection-passwd-set!' is never used
Warning: global variable `mysql-get-proto-version' is never used
Warning: global variable `mysql-connection?' is never used
Warning: global variable `mysql-connection-host-set!' is never used
Warning: exported global variable `foreign-mysql-get-character-set-
info' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `mysql-get-proto-info' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPTION_MULTI_STATEMENTS_ON'
is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPTION_MULTI_STATEMENTS_OFF'
is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_CONNECT_TIMEOUT' is not
defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_COMPRESS' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_NAMED_PIPE' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_INIT_COMMAND' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_READ_DEFAULT_FILE' is not
defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_READ_DEFAULT_GROUP' is not
defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_SET_CHARSET_DIR' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_SET_CHARSET_NAME' is not
defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_LOCAL_INFILE' is not
defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_PROTOCOL' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_SHARED_MEMORY_BASE_NAME' is
not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_READ_TIMEOUT' is not
defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_WRITE_TIMEOUT' is not
defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_USE_RESULT' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_USE_REMOTE_CONNECTION'
is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_USE_EMBEDDED_CONNECTION'
is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_OPT_GUESS_CONNECTION' is not
defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_SET_CLIENT_IP' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_SECURE_AUTH' is not defined
Warning: exported global variable `MYSQL_REPORT_DATA_TRUNCATION' is
not defined
mysqlaux.c:31:25: error: mysql/mysql.h: No such file or directory
In file included from mysqlaux.c:32:
mysqlaux.h:31: error: parse error before '*' token
mysqlaux.h:32: error: parse error before '*' token
mysqlaux.c:38: error: parse error before '*' token
mysqlaux.c: In function 'mysqlaux_column_idx':
mysqlaux.c:41: error: 'idx' undeclared (first use in this function)
mysqlaux.c:41: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mysqlaux.c:41: error: for each function it appears in.)
mysqlaux.c:41: warning: implicit declaration of function
'mysql_num_fields'
mysqlaux.c:41: error: 'result' undeclared (first use in this function)
mysqlaux.c:42: error: 'row' undeclared (first use in this function)
mysqlaux.c: At top level:
mysqlaux.c:57: error: parse error before '*' token
mysqlaux.c: In function 'mysqlaux_column_name':
mysqlaux.c:62: error: 'MYSQL_FIELD' undeclared (first use in this
function)
mysqlaux.c:62: error: 'fields' undeclared (first use in this function)
mysqlaux.c:64: warning: implicit declaration of function
'mysql_field_count'
mysqlaux.c:64: error: 'mysql' undeclared (first use in this function)
mysqlaux.c:65: warning: implicit declaration of function
'mysql_fetch_fields'
mysqlaux.c:65: error: 'result' undeclared (first use in this function)
mysqlaux.c:68: error: 'name' undeclared (first use in this function)
mysqlaux.c:69: error: 'row' undeclared (first use in this function)
*** Shell command terminated with exit status 1: gcc mysqlaux.c -o
mysqlaux.o -c -DHAVE_CHICKEN_CONFIG_H -Os -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-
strict-aliasing -Wall -Wno-unused -Wno-uninitialized -DHAVE_ALLOCA_H -
DC_ENABLE_PTABLES -no-cpp-precomp -DC_STACK_GROWS_DOWNWARD=1 -
DC_INSTALL_LIB_HOME="/usr/lib/chicken/1" -DC_INSTALL_HOME="/usr/share/
chicken" -DC_USE_C_DEFAULTS -fPIC -DPIC -DC_SHARED -DC_NO_PIC_NO_DLL
Error: shell invocation failed with non-zero return status
1