[Chicken-users] Efficient homogeneous vector iteration

From: Carlos Pita
Subject: [Chicken-users] Efficient homogeneous vector iteration
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 15:26:49 -0300

Hi all,

suppose I want to "broadcast" some arithmetic operation, say (+ 1), to
every cell in a vector. Suppose that the vector is an homogeneous vector
of doubles and that performance should be C like. That implies:

1) unchecked unboxed fixnum increment of the iteration index.

2) array access without bound checking.

3) unchecked unboxed flonum arithmetic over the array contents.

Is it possible to achieve this with chicken by means of some kind of
annotations / declarations?

And if it's possible, would it be just locally unsafe or unsafe at the
entire module level?

Or would my best bet be to stop worrying and learn to love plain inlined
C?

Cheers.

Correo Yahoo!